- ½ cup Buckwheat Flour ( I use Doves Farm Buckwheat Flour, 1Kg )
- 1 cup teff flour (or use regular flour) If you can’t find it: Suma Brown Teff Flour (500G)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond slithers (sliced almonds)
- ½ cup (80g) dried cranberries,(or use sour cherries), roughly chopped in half
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- Pinch sea salt
- 100 g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ cup (75 ml ) milk of choice
Combine flours and dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Melt the butter with honey, stirring well and the milk. Tip into the bowl of dry ingredients along with vanilla paste. Bring together then turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out roughly with a floured rolling pin until about 1 inch thickness throughout. Use 2inch cookie cutters to press out your scones. Place onto a greased baking tray and scatter the top with some extra flaked almonds.
Bake at 170 for 10-12 minutes until golden. Leave on a wire rack to cool. Serve with butter and my Chia Berry Jam for a sugar free fruity treat.