Just as the days get chilly, I always start longing for long, creamy, warm drinks but without the crazy sugar load and junk that Starbucks and friends have. This is JUST the ticket – perfect to stand around bonfires, crunch through leaves or sit on a big sofa with a biccie with. It has all the spicy, warming fall flavours and creaminess but with a punch of health giving goodness too. With an extra turmeric immune boost bonus too in case the sniffles are lurking.
It’s so simple to whizz together, and so cosy. Heres a double portion to share and snuggle with.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup roasted, peeled pumpkin or sweet potato or use tinned if you must!
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- large pinch ground cloves
- grating/large pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (optional extra)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- large pinch white pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (if needed to taste)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk solids, (the top scooped from a tin of coconut milk) whipped
- cinnamon and vanilla powder for dusting
Makes enough for 2. Or 1 for you and some for the littlies.
Place everything in a high speed blender until smooth. Warm in a small pan until piping hot. Spoon over the coconut cream and sprinkle with vanilla and/or cinnamon powder.